Below are the terms and conditions for using CB Connexus. If you need clarification contact our customer service department.
Agreement for Users of AskOthers.net and CB Connexus IOS and Android apps
Users of CB Connexus consists of Consumers and Providers. Consumers are individuals and companies who post Requests on CB Connexus app and website for the purpose soliciting help from other Users. Providers are individuals or companies who provide Request Services for hire or volunteer basis on Request posts made by Consumers.
THE EXTENT OF ASK OTHERS’ SERVICE
- CB Connexus provides both a website and mobile app that enable users to post Requests, which consists of both Goods, referred to as Things, Services, referred to as Tasks, and Onsite Quotes, which are purchased by the Provider and which may lead to tasks completed outside the CB Connexus platform.
- Providers have the option to make an offer on Requests made by Consumers. A Proposal is created when a Provider responds to the Posted Request with a detailed offer.
- Consumers and Providers may change a Posted Request at any time before acceptance of a Proposal. CB Connexus reserves the right to cancel Posted Request or Request Proposal deemed as inappropriate or as a violation of terms and agreement.
- If a Consumers accepts a Proposal, a Request Contract is created between the Consumer and Provider.
- Once a Contract is created, the Consumer must pay the Request Compensation as stated in the Proposal which will be held in a PayPal Transaction Pending Acceptance status until the Consumer marks the Request as successfully completed.
- Upon completion of Contract, CB Connexus will receive a Service Fee which will be deducted from the total due Provider.The Service Fee is equal to 20%, not to exceed $9.95 per transaction. PayPal will charge an additional fee of $.30 and 2.9% per transaction for domestic charges with a higher percentage for charges made outside the United States. This is referred to as the PayPal Transaction Fee.
- Once the Contract is created, the Consumer and Provider may alter the Request Contract. The Consumer and Provider are encouraged to use the CB Connexus Messaging System when communicating about the Request.
- The Provider must perform the agreed upon Request Services required under the Contract.
- Once the Request Services are complete, the Consumer and Provider must follow Request Complete procedures to close out the Contract.
- Once both the Consumer and Provider have closed out the Contract, the Consumer will confirm successful completion of the Request at which time the Payment Compensation will be released.
- After the Contract is complete, both the Consumer and Provider are encouraged to review and provide mutual feedback regarding the Contract, using the CB Connexus Rating System.
- Consumers have the option of requesting “onsite quotes” from one or multiple Providers. In such situations the Provider purchases the lead for $9.95 once both parties have agreed upon a meeting time. This will be the only fee that is required from the CB Connexus platform. All payments, agreements, and communication between Consumer and Provider will take place outside the CB Connexus platform. The Consumer agrees to close Request for Onsite Quote if there isn’t a need for more quotes.
- CB Connexus allows Users under 18 years of age to use the platform with verified supervision of a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian will provide a signed documentation that is on file with CB Connexus until the user turns 18 years old. Until that time all communication via the CB Connexus messaging system between the underage User and the Consumer or Provider must include the parent or guardian. Additionally, it’s recommended that underage User not meet privately with an unknown User. AskOthers.net will not be held responsible for the actions of any of its Users. It’s every User’s responsibility to take necessary precautions when interacting with known or unknown people.
ROLE AND OBLIGATIONS FOR ASK OTHERS
- The role for CB Connexus is to provide a platform for Users that enhances communication between individuals who need Goods, referred to as Things or Services, referred to as Tasks and those who can provide requested Goods or Services.
- CB Connexus permits individuals under 18 years of age to become Users only when a parent or legal guardian acts as his or her Agent and signs off on all Contracts. Under-age Consumers and Providers must make their age known in his or her Profile.
- CB Connexus reserves the right to cancel or suspend any User account.
- Registering and creating an account with CB Connexus is free. There is no charge for a User to post Requests or Make Offers, or for others to Browse Requests on CB Connexus.
- CB Connexus accepts no liability for any aspect of the Consumer and Provider interactions, including but not limited to the description, performance, or delivery of Request Services.
- CB Connexus has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by Users, including, but not limited to, the ability of Providers to perform Request Services, or the honesty or accuracy of any information provided by Consumers or the Consumer’s ability to pay for the Request Services.
- CB Connexus is merely a Communication Platform tool that connects people who need something with others who can provide what is needed.CB Connexus does not require background checks and does not employ Providers. All Users need satisfy him or herself regarding the Provider’s ability, required license if any, and insurance or bonding.
- CB Connexus has no obligation to any User to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users although may do so to improve User experience.
- CB Connexus encourages Users to take precautions when interacting meeting or interacting with other unknown Users. Precautions can include, but are not limited to, requiring references, checking with the city for task license requirements, not releasing any Compensation until Request Services completion, and not meeting alone in a private place.
- You will at all times:
- comply with this Agreement (including all Policies) and all applicable laws and regulations;
- only post accurate information on the CB Connexus Platform;
- promptly and efficiently perform obligations to other Users under a Request Contract; and
- ensure that You are aware of any laws that apply to You as a Consumer or Provider, or in relation to using the CB Connexus Platform.
- You agree that anything you see on the CB Connexus website or mobile apps belong to CB Connexus.
- You must not use the CB Connexus Platform for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- You must always maintain control of Your CB Connexus account.
- You grant CB Connexus the right to use anything published on the CB Connexus Platform for promotional purposes, which includes any Posted Request.
- You agree that you will not use the CB Connexus Platform to hurt anyone in any way.
- Without limiting any provision of this Agreement, any information You supply to CB Connexus or publish in a Request must be up to date and kept up to date and must not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading or deceptive;
- be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality or privacy;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export and import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, anti discrimination and trade practices/fair trading laws);
- be defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing;
- be obscene or contain any material that, in CB Connexus sole and absolute discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unlawful, including, but not limited to obscene, inappropriate or unlawful images; or
- contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts the intended function of any CB Connexus Platform, including, but not limited to viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- The CB Connexus Platform may from time to time engage location-based or map-based functionality. The CB Connexus Platform may display the general location of Consumers to persons browsing the CB Connexus Platform. Each Consumer will be asked to provide the address where the Request Services are to be delivered. A portion of the address will be hidden from general browsing. Consumers should never disclose personal details such as his or her full name, street number, phone number or email address when communicating on the CB Connexus Platform.The entire address will be given to the Provider upon the accepted agreement of the Contract.
- If You are acting as a Provider, You are responsible to collect and pay any required sales tax.
- Providers must provide Services to Consumers in accordance with the Contract, unless the Services are prohibited by law, this Agreement, an agreement between the User and a Third Party Providers or by any of our Policies.
- You must not, when supplying Services, charge additional Fees in addition to the Provider’s Compensation except for the reimbursement of incurred expenses, which have been mutually agreed upon.
- When Request Services are voluntary and provided without cost, the Provider will not be charged a Service Fee. The Provider agrees not to make side arrangements for Compensation of Request Services.
- The Provider is responsible for requesting reimbursement for any Request Services expense but must make the Consumer aware of such costs before they are incurred. The Consumer must first agree to reimburse Provider before the Request Service has begun.
- If CB Connexus determines, at its sole discretion, that You have breached any obligation under this clause 3, it reserves the rights to remove any content, Posted Request or Offer You have submitted to the CB Connexus Platform and may remove any current Request Contracts.
- Upon the completion of a Request Contract, the Provider owes CB Connexus a Service Fee. Fees will be automatically deducted from the Request Compensation being held as a PayPal Transaction Pending Acceptance.
- If the Consumer and Provider mutually agree to increase the Compensation, the Service Fee charged by CB Connexus will only increase if the original Service Fee was less than the maximum Fee of $9.95, in which case the Service Fee will be recalculated using the new Compensation total.
- CB Connexus on occasion may change the Service Fees and the terms applying to their payment. Any change relating to the Service Fees is effective fourteen (14) days after CB Connexus notifies You of that change by sending a message to your CB Connexus account, or by notifying You the next time You login to the CB Connexus Platform.
- All Service Fees payable to CB Connexus are non-cancellable and non-refundable, except for cancelled Contracts.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- (a) the Consumer and the Provider mutually agree to cancel the Request Contract; or
- (b) following reasonable attempts by a Consumer to contact a Provider to perform the Contract, the Contract will be cancelled;
- (c) CB Connexus is satisfied that Request Compensation should be returned to the Consumer,
then CB Connexus will refund Request Compensation to the Consumer
- CB Connexus may use Identity Verification Services.
- You agree that Identity Verification Services used by CB Connexus may not be fully accurate as all verification services are provided by third parties and are dependent on User-supplied information.
- You are solely responsible for identity verification and CB Connexus accepts no responsibility for any use that is made of an CB Connexus’ Identity Verification Service.
- CB Connexus Identity Verification Services may be modified at any time.
- The CB Connexus Platform may also include a User-initiated feedback system to help evaluate Users.
- You can complain about any comment made on the CB Connexus by using the “Contact CB Connexus” link.
- CB Connexus is entitled to suspend or terminate Your account at any time if CB Connexus, in its sole and absolute discretion, is concerned by any feedback about You, or considers Your feedback rating to be problematic for CB Connexus’ Users.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- CB Connexus specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage (actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (including, without limitation, loss or damage relating to any inaccuracy of information provided, or the lack of fitness for purpose of any goods or service supplied), arising out of or in any way connected with any transaction between Consumers and Providers.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGREEMENT
- CB Connexus may modify this Agreement or the Policies (and update the CB Connexus’ pages on which they are displayed) from time to time. CB Connexus will send notification of such modifications to Your CB Connexus account or advise You the next time You login.
- When You actively agree to the terms (for example, by clicking a button saying "I accept") or use the CB Connexus Platform in any manner, including engaging in any acts in connection with a Contract, the modified terms will be effective immediately. In all other cases, the amended terms will automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially notified to You.
- If You do not agree with any changes to this Agreement (or any of our Policies), You must notify CB Connexus who will terminate your CB Connexus accountand You agree to stop using the CB Connexus Platform. Except as specifically described in or authorized by this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement and any CB Connexus Policy cannot be amended except in writing signed by You and CB Connexus.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or other similar relationship is created by this Agreement. In particular,You have no authority to bind CB Connexus, its related entities or affiliates in any way whatsoever. CB Connexus confirms that all Third-Party Services that may be promoted on the CB Connexus service are provided solely by such Third-Party Service Providers. To the extent permitted by law, CB Connexus specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage incurred by You in any manner due to the performance or nonperformance of such Third-Party Service.
- CB Connexus may provide Affiliate Compensation for the purpose User recruitment at its sole discretion and makes Users aware that such relationships may exist. Affiliate Partners are not Agents of CB Connexus and cannot bind CB Connexus in any way whatsoever.
- Except as stated otherwise, any notices must be given by registered mail or by email, either to CB Connexus contact address as displayed on the CB Connexus’ Platform, or to CB Connexus’ Users' contact address as provided at registration. Any notice shall be deemed given:
- (a) if sent by email, 24 hours after email is sent, unless the Consumer is notified that the email address is invalid or the email is undeliverable, and
MEDIATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- CB Connexus encourages You to try and resolve disputes (including claims for returns or refunds) with other Users directly. Accordingly, You acknowledge and agree that CB Connexus may, in its absolute discretion, provide Your information as it decides is suitable to other parties involved in the dispute.
- CB Connexus may encourage use of PayPal’s dispute service. Information can be found at https://paypal.com.
- CB Connexus has the right to hold any Request Compensation the subject of a dispute in its Account, until the dispute has been resolved.
- If You have a complaint about the CB Connexus Platform please contact us.
- If CB Connexus provides information of other Users to You for the purposes of resolving disputes under this clause, You acknowledge and agree that such information will be used only for the purpose of resolving the dispute (and no other purpose) and that you will indemnify CB Connexus against any claims relating to any other use of information not permitted by this Agreement.
- Either You or CB Connexus may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time for any reason.
- Termination of this Agreement does not affect any Request Contract that has been formed between CB Connexus’ Users. If You have entered into a Request Contract You must comply with the terms of that Contract including providing the Request Services or paying Request Compensation as applicable.
- Third-Party Services are subject to Third-Party Service Providers terms and conditions.
- Sections 4 (Fees), 13 (Limitation of Liability) and 18 (Mediation and Dispute Resolution) and any other terms which by their nature should continue to apply, will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- If Your account or this Agreement are terminated for any reason then You may not without CB Connexus consent (in its absolute discretion) create any further accounts with CB Connexus and we may terminate any other accounts You operate.
- This Agreement sets out the entire understanding and agreement between User and CB Connexus with respect to its subject matter.
The terms used in this Task Contract have the meaning set out in the CB Connexus Glossary. A Request Contract is created in accordance with the CB Connexus Agreement. The Consumer and the Provider enter into this Request Contract on the following terms:
- COMMENCEMENT DATE AND TERM
- This Request Contract is created when the Consumer accepts the Provider's Proposal on a Posted Request to provide Goods or Services.
- This Contract will continue until terminated in accordance with clause 7.
- If a Task, the Provider will perform Services in a proper manner at the time and location agreed.
- If providing a Good, to lend or sell, the Provider must supply item(s) in accordance with agreed upon terms.
- Each party warrants that the information provided in the creation of this Request Contract is true and accurate.
- The CB Connexus’ Provider warrants that he/she has the right to work and provide Request Services and hold relevant licenses in location where Services are being performed.
- The parties incorporate the Consumer Guarantees into this Request Contract, even if they are not already incorporated by law.
- PAYMENT OR CANCELLATION
- Upon the creation of this Request Contract, the Consumer must pay the agreed upon Request Compensation. The transaction will be processed using PayPal’s payment processing system with the Compensation placed in a PayPal Transaction Pending Acceptance status.
- Upon the Request Services being completed, the Provider will provide notice on the CB Connexus Platform.
- The Consumer will be prompted to confirm the Request Services are complete. If the Provider has completed the Request Services in accordance with clause 2, the Consumer must use the CB Connexus Platform to release the Provider’s Compensation from the PayPal Transaction Pending Acceptance status.
- If the parties agree to cancel this Request Contract, or the Consumer is unable to contact the CB Connexus Provider to perform the Request Contract, the Provider’s Compensation will be dealt with in accordance with the User Agreement.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Except for liability in relation to a breach of a Non-excludable Condition, the parties exclude all Consequential Loss arising out of or in connection to the Request Service, and any claims by any third person, or this Request Contract, even if the party causing the breach knew the loss was possible or the loss was otherwise foreseeable.
- The liability of each party to the other except for a breach of any Non-Excludable Condition is capped at the Request Compensation.
- If a dispute arising between the parties, the parties will attempt to resolve the dispute within 14 days by informal negotiation (by phone, email or otherwise).
- If the parties are unable to resolve the dispute in accordance with clause 6.1, either party refer the dispute to the Third-Party Dispute Service and act in accordance with the Third Party Dispute Service's terms and conditions.
- TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
This Request Contract will terminate when:
- the Services are deemed complete and the Request Compensation is released from the PayPal hold;
- a party is terminated or suspended from the CB Connexus Platform, at the election of the other party;
- otherwise agreed by the parties or the Third-Party Dispute Service; or
- notified byCB Connexus in accordance with the party's CB Connexus Agreement.
- APPLICATION OF POLICIES
The parties incorporate by reference the applicable Policies.
copyright CB Connexus 2023
CB Connexus Glossary
"Agreement" means the most updated version of the agreement between CB Connexus and a User.
"CB Connexus" "we" "us" "our" means CB Connexus.
"CB Connexus Platform" means the CB Connexus website at http://www.AskOthers.net/, CB Connexus smart phone app, and any other affiliated platform that may be introduced from time to time.
"Request Services" means the service of providing goods or services on the CB Connexus Platform.
“Consumers” means a User who requests Goods or Services fromProviders.
"Providers" means a User who provides Goods or Services to Consumers.
"Consequential Loss" means any loss, damage or expense recoverable by law:
- other than a loss, damage or expense that would be suffered or incurred by any person in a similar situation to the person suffering or incurring the loss, damage or expense; or
- which is a loss of:
- opportunity or goodwill;
- profits, anticipated savings or business;
- data; or
- value of any equipment,
and any costs or expenses incurred in connection with the foregoing.
"PayPal Transaction Pending Acceptance" means the amount of time PayPal will hold Compensation in Pending status before being released by Consumer.
"Fees" means all fees payable to CB Connexus by Users including the Service Fee.
"Identify Verification Services" means the tools available to help Users verify the identity, qualifications or skills of other Users including mobile phone verification, verification of payment information, References, integration with social media, and background check on file.
"Non-excludable Condition" means any implied condition, warranty or guarantee in a contract, the exclusion of which would contravene the law or cause any part of the contract to be void.
"Offer" means an offer made by a Provider in response to a Posted Request to perform or provide the Services.
"Posted Request" means the Consumer's request for Services, and includes the deadline for completion, price and description of the Services to be provided.
"Reference" means a feature allowing a User to request other Users to post a reference on the CB Connexus Platform endorsing that User.
"Services" means the services to be rendered as described in the Posted Task, including any variations or amendments agreed before or subsequent to the creation of a Request Contract.
"Service Fee" means the fee payable by the Providers as consideration for CB Connexus connecting the Provider with the Consumer, being twenty (20) percent of the Compensation, not to exceed $9.95.
"Site" means the website at http://www.AskOthers.net/.
"Take Down Notice" means any such request for CB Connexus to remove content on the CB Connexus Platform due to a claim of copyright infringement.
"Request Contract" means the separate contract which is formed between a Consumer and a Provider for Services, the terms of which is including in Appendix A to the Agreement.
"Request Compensation" means the payment that the Consumer pays the Provider for the successful completion of the Request Contract.
"Third Party Dispute Service" means a third-party dispute resolution service Providers used to resolve any disputes between Users.
"Third Party Services" means the promotions and links to services offered by third parties as may be featured on the CB Connexus Platform from time to time.
"User" means the person who has signed up to use the CB Connexus Platform, whether as the Consumer, Provider, or both.
"Provider’s Compensation" means the Request Payment less any Fees paid to CB Connexus or PayPal.
Rules of Interpretation:
In the CB Connexus Agreement and all Policies, except where the context otherwise requires:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa, and a gender includes other genders;
- another grammatical form of a defined word or expression has a corresponding meaning;
- a reference to a document or instrument includes the document or instrument as novated, altered, supplemented or replaced from time to time;
- a reference to US$, $US, dollar or $ is to United States currency;
- a reference to time is to the time in New York, NY;
- a reference to a person includes a natural person, partnership, body corporate, association, governmental or local authority or agency or other entity;
- a reference to a statute, ordinance, code or other law includes regulations and other instruments under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any of them;
- the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by including, for example or similar expressions;
- are for ease of reference only and do not affect interpretation;
- any agreement, representation, warranty or indemnity in favor of two or more parties (including where two or more persons are included in the same defined term) is for the benefit of them jointly and severally; and
- a rule of construction does not apply to the disadvantage of a party because the party was responsible for the preparation of this agreement or any part of it.